K A S H R U T . C O M©
The Premier Kosher Information Source on the Internet
HOME | PASSOVER | CONSUMER | COMMERCIAL | TRAVEL | ZEMANIM | LINKS |
ARTICLES | RECIPES | HUMOR | E-MAIL LIST
Spanish Potato Omelet
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds potatoes (7 to 8 medium), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch non-stick or well-seasoned skillet over
medium heat. (Don't use a cast-iron pan, because it's too heavy
for the flipping operation.)
- Add the sliced potatoes and turn them in the oil.
- Let them cook very slowly in the oil, without browning, turning
- When they arc partially cooked after 10 to 15 minutes, add the
chopped onion and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Continue cooking until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon
- When the potatoes are tender, put a plate over the pan and drain
off any excess oil into a small bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the beaten eggs and combine well.
- Return a little of the reserved oil to the skillet and pour in
the potato-egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until set, without letting the omelet get
too brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Shake the skillet to keep the tortilla from sticking.
- Place a flat lid or plate on top, hold it tightly, and invert the
tortilla onto the plate.
- Add a little more of the reserved oil to the pan, if necessary,
and slide the tortilla back in to cook on the reverse side, about 3
- Slide out onto a serving plate.
Passover Recipes |