K A S H R U T . C O M©
The Premier Kosher Information Source on the Internet
HOME | PASSOVER | CONSUMER | COMMERCIAL | TRAVEL | ZEMANIM | LINKS |
ARTICLES | RECIPES | HUMOR | E-MAIL LIST
Matzah Balls II
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons chicken fat or vegetable oil
1/2 cup seltzer, club soda, or chicken broth
1 cup matzah meal
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix the eggs well with a fork.
- Add the chicken fat or oil, soda water, matzah meal, and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Dip your hands in cold water and make about 12 balls slightly
smaller than Ping-Pong balls.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and place the matzah balls in the water.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until soft.
Yield: about 12 large, soft matzah balls
Store the matza balls in the soup or water; you can also freeze them individually.
Note: To reduce the cholesterol in this recipe, use 2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs as well as Safflower or cottonseed oil.
(Canola oil can be used for non-Passover use.)
Passover Recipes |