- Make sure a reliable Kosher for Passover certification appears on the package. Don't assume the product is kosher for Passover just because it is in the Passover section of the supermarket.
- Often Kosher for Passover and non-Kosher for Passover products have identical packaging except for the "P" symbol.
- Stores often do not remove chometzdik matzos from the shelves even after the store is stocked with Kosher for Passover products!
- Not all kashrus certifications are created equal. A knowledgeable kosher consumer reduces the chance of buying Kosher for Passover products that may not qualify for a consumer's personal kosher or Passover kosher standards.
- Even with the best intentions a non-Kosher for Passover item could be purchased inadvertently.
- If you have a doubt about a product being Kosher for Passover, clarify the question with your Rav or the Star-K Kashrus hotline at 410-484-4110.
- Discard all old lists.
- Avoid problems of chometz she'avar alav haPesach by selling your chometz through your Rav even if you don't sell "real" chometz.
- If you have constructive suggestions how to reduce mistakes or make a consumer's life easier, let your local grocer and/or local Vaad know...we are not perfect.
|Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2020 Scharf Associates