K A S H R U T . C O M©
The Premier Kosher Information Source on the Internet
HOME | PASSOVER | CONSUMER | COMMERCIAL | TRAVEL | ZEMANIM | LINKS |
ARTICLES | RECIPES | HUMOR | E-MAIL LIST
Turkey London Broil with Shiitake Mushrooms
This dish makes a distinctive entrée for a Sedar dinner. The turkey London
broil is surrounded with fragrant marinated shiitake mushrooms that have
been broiled and combined with a piquant dressing. The result is a royal
treat that goes particularly well with steamed asparagus and Roast Potatoes
made with a combination of russet white potatoes, sweet potatoes, and Yukon
- One 7 - pound turkey breast half with skin (London Broil), boned (your butcher can do this)
Turkey Marinade ingredients
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- Kosher salt and pepper to season breast prior to roasting
- 1 pound shitake mushrooms, stems removed, and sliced in thirds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mushroom Vinaigrette ingredients
- 3 tablespoons Bartenura olive oil
- ¼ cup Bartenura balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place the breast in a nonreactive dish or container with a cover.
- In a small bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Pour the marinade over
the breast and turn it to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate the breast
overnight, turning it at least once.
- In a second nonreactive dish or container with a cover, toss the
mushrooms with the olive oil and garlic and season to taste with the salt
and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove the breast and marinade
from the refrigerator an hour before roasting.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients together. Reserve.
- Remove the breast and the mushrooms from the refrigerator. Preheat the
- Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a broiler pan and cook 2 to 3
inches from the heat until brown and sizzling, turning as needed, about 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season the breast with salt and pepper.
Place the breast skin side up in a shallow roasting pan. Pour the marinade
over the breast. Roast until the meat releases clear juices when pricked
deeply with a fork and registers 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer,
15 to 20 minutes per pound. Let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Reserve
any cooking juices, de-fat them, and keep warm.
- Toss the broiled mushrooms with the vinaigrette.
- To serve, slice the roast and surround it with the mushrooms. Pass the
cooking juices separately.
Back to the Kashrut.com Home Page