K A S H R U T . C O M©
The Premier Kosher Information Source on the Internet
HOME | ALERTS | CONSUMER | COMMERCIAL | PASSOVER | TRAVEL | ZEMANIM | LINKS |
ARTICLES | RECIPES | HUMOR | E-MAIL LIST
- 2 1/2 pounds drumsticks and thighs, skin and all fat removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Pinch dried or fresh thyme (optional)
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot over a medium heat and brown the chicken pieces very slowly, (approximately 10 to 15 minutes).
- After turning the chicken, add the onion and garlic to brown.
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Add the garlic, wine, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and thyme to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer.
- Cook until the chicken is very tender, 45 to 75 minutes. (Remove the bay leaves before serving.)
Back to the Kashrut.com